Waste Carriers Licence

I’ve just received my Waste Carriers Licence(Upper Tier) from the Environment Agency, my infomation is now registered with them.
Businesses can rely on me to carry waste for them without taking up the use of their own vehicles.
If you are having waste collected, it is a requirement of the Duty of Care that you ensure the person collecting the waste is a registered waste carrier. The EA provide a comprehensive Guidence Document to determine whether you are affected.

Waste Transfer Notes to contain the following

  • A brief discription of the waste being transferred.
  • The correct EWC code for the waste.
  • An indication of how the waste is contained. Eg. is it loose, in a sack, skip or drum?
  • A SIC 2007 code .
  • A tick box to state that the waste hierarchy has been considered.
  • Identify the amount of waste being passed on, for example the number of sacks or other containers, the volume of waste or its weight.
  • List your name and identify that you are the producer of the waste.
  • List the name of the person you are passing the waste to and their status, for example a registered waste carrier, including their registration number.
  • Give the address where you passed the waste to the other person as well as the date and time that you gave him the waste.
  • Be signed by both parties and be kept for at least two years.



Comments are closed.